Building your future.
A career at
Capstone Legal is a new type of law firm: we offer you a lot of freedom, responsibility and appreciation. We are a great match for proactive individuals who want to shape the future of the company and enjoy developing their skills.
After our successful launch at the end of 2020, we plan to grow further. We are looking for colleagues who will feel at home in our team and share the same mindset.
Key facts and company structure
Next generation real estate boutique
We are a boutique for real estate transactions and asset management. Our clients include institutional investors, project developers, family offices and asset managers, whom we accompany throughout the entire property life cycle.
At Capstone Legal, you will be working at the highest level. Our cases usually involve large national and international law firms. Your work is very varied and you will be participating in projects that permanently shape city centres across Germany.
Start-up meets high-end consultancy
For the first few months after our launch, we were sharing an office with another legal start-up. We now have our own office, but the spirit has remained the same: we combine a start-up culture with high-end legal advice. This is what we care about:
- An exceptional team spirit: we are a small, close-knit team that wants to build something together. We support each other and watch out for one another.
- Communication as equals: our collaboration is based on trust and open communication. The best idea wins, regardless of whether it comes from the CEO or the office manager. For our clients, we are sparring partners, not contract administrators.
- An entrepreneurial spirit: we help our clients achieve their business goals in a pragmatic way. We are solution-seekers, not worriers or naysayers.
- Personal growth: every employee is given the freedom and support to develop personally and professionally. Not only through further training or coaching, but above all by taking on responsibilities early on, learning on the job and through intensive training on the different cases.
- Digital mindset: we want to automate and digitalise wherever it is possible and makes sense. This applies to our internal processes as well as to the work with our clients. Because we want to focus on complex contracts, not on a thousand standard documents.
- High standards: we want to be among the best in what we do. This requires us to never stop learning and not to shy away from challenges.
Above-average salaries with a profit-sharing system
Despite being a young law firm, we attach great importance to offering attractive remuneration. Our fixed salaries are above the market average. Through transparent, performance-related and realistically achievable bonuses, this can increase significantly.
An office with attractive views or working from home
We want to have the best people in our team, not those who happen to live close by. That’s why you can join us 100% remotely.
If you live in the Hamburg area, we would of course be happy to see you at our office, too. It’s well worth the commute: located right on the River Elbe with a great view of the Speicherstadt district, the harbour and the Elbphilharmonie concert hall.
By the way, we attach great importance to state-of-the-art IT infrastructure – more so than even some larger law firms. Our employees notice this because they simply don’t notice the IT. It just works.
Transparent and performance-based
Transparency is important to us. That is why, despite our modest size, we offer predefined career stages with clear criteria. They are based on performance and personal development, not on years in the job.
- Managing Associate
- Salary Partner
- Equity Partner
At Capstone, you can therefore quickly take on a lot of responsibility: Associates lead client appointments at an early stage, while Managing Associates are given their own projects which they manage independently.
We support your professional and personal development on an individual basis. We invest a lot of time in intensive on-the-job training. Associates receive feedback on all drafts in the first few months. Of course we also provide further education, training and coaching as required and agreed.
Flexible and family-friendly
Everyone at our company should be able to balance their family life and their career. For us, this is a question of fairness and equality. Specifically, this means:
- We do not have billable hours.
- Working hours can be adapted to the respective phase of life. It is just as possible to switch to part-time work after parental leave, for example, as it is to switch to full-time work when the children have grown up. Of course, having a family is not a prerequisite for making use of these offers - they are open to everyone.
- You are free to choose where you want to work and your working hours are flexible enough to meet your personal needs. There is enough time for your personal life.
- We support each other. This also means that everyone is ready to help if a colleague is in need.
Shaped by its founders and not yet perfect
Equality runs in our DNA, diversity in all its facets is a matter close to our hearts. We still have some catching up to do here, but we are all the more pleased about diverse growth in our team.
A law firm with a female founder certainly makes a conscious effort to do some things differently. For us, flexible work schedules and fair part-time options are not only modern nice-to-haves, but a prerequisite for true equality. And for us, diversity also means that our non-lawyer employees are listened to just as much as the legal professionals.